Who we are
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA) is the single authoritative voice on advertising self-regulation. Its mission is to promote high ethical standards in marketing communications through effective self-regulation, for the benefit of consumers and business in Europe and beyond. As a non-profit organisation established in 1992 and based in Brussels, EASA brings together national advertising self-regulatory organisations and associations representing the advertising industry in Europe.
EASA is looking for a highly motivated and reliable Project Assistant who will be responsible for supporting the execution and delivery of EASA’s monitoring projects aimed at checking the compliance of advertisements with self-regulatory rules and advertising laws. The recruited person will work together with EASA’s Project Officer.
- Help coordinate and execute EASA compliance monitoring projects, as well as conducting quality check of project deliverables;
- Compile qualitative and quantitative reports;
- Assist in the organisation of workshops;
- Help prepare presentations and leaflets related to the different projects;
- Undertake any other activity related to EASA’s projects and statistics gathering;
- Assist with other departments’ activities if needed.
The successful candidate must:
- Be enrolled as student in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher) preferably in EU affairs, political sciences, international relations, business management
- Have good analytical skills, including data entry and analysis;
- Have good working knowledge of standard office software (Word, PowerPoint, particularly Excel);
- Be hard-working, reliable, well-organised person with good attention to details;
- Be fluent in English, both oral and written, as this is the working language of the organisation;
- Be interested in advertising/marketing communication and advertising self-regulation;
- Be available preferably at the beginning of June 2017;
- Being covered by a formal internship agreement provided by his or her university or training institution;
- Be legally allowed to do a training internship in Belgium.
- Opportunity to work in an international, dynamic environment, to take active part in the day-to-day running of activities, have a chance to improve your management & communication skills
- Opportunity to learn about and work on a wide range of projects by working closely with our team;
- Transportation reimbursement provided;
Please note that this is a non-remunerated position for a duration of 3 months, with the possibility of extension to 6 months.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application, including CV and a short cover letter, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 May 2017.
Selected candidates should be available to start at the beginning of June 2017.