Submitted by admin on Mon, 04/17/2017 - 02:06
- Re-launch of SRO in Poland (RR).
- Australia (ASB) and Brazil (CONAR) become corresponding members.
- EASA helps coordinate major revision and consolidation of ICC code of Advertising Practice to include Marketing Communications. ICC publishes new Consolidated ICC “Code of Marketing Communication Practice”.
- EASA participates in EU Advertising Roundtable chaired by DG Sanco Director General, Robert Madelin, which results in the publication of a report endorsing best practice self-regulation based on the EASA Charter approach.
- Robert Madelin states: “...the willingness of EASA, and all others involved in the debate to explore what a strategic improvement in SR quality might involve, does create some confidence that SR is capable of a sustained move over time towards a level of heightened effectiveness.”
- Publication of Best Practice Recommendation on Code Drafting & Consultation.
- Monitoring of food products advertising, coordinated by EASA over 12-month period, shows 95.6% compliance.
- 3rd EASA annual Best Practice Awards – winner: the SRC SRO (Netherlands).