Job opportunity: Public Affairs & Policy Officer at the European Advertising Standards Alliance
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA), Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: September/October 2019
Type of contract: Full-time contract
The European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA) promotes responsible advertising throughout Europe and represents European advertising self-regulatory organisations and responsible advertisers, media, agencies and brands in Brussels. Its mission is to ensure that ads are legal, decent, honest and truthful, for the benefit of European consumers and businesses.
EASA is seeking to hire a highly motivated and independent Public Affairs & Policy Officer to work in our Secretariat, based in Brussels. The position may involve some travelling.
- Develop and implement EASA’s public affairs strategy and serve as the focal point for public affairs-related activities;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key policy makers;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to raise the profile of EASA and the advertising self-regulatory network, including by attending events and conferences;
- Monitor the development of EU policy files related to self-regulation and responsible advertising;
- Conduct policy analyses in the areas relevant to EASA’s activities, determine policy priorities, set out advocacy strategies and conduct outreach activities towards relevant stakeholders;
- Interact with members for the development of policy positions and strategies;
- Write and regularly update EASA position papers, issue briefs, reports and newsletters;
- Collaborate with colleagues within the EASA secretariat or network for the achievement of the objectives above.
- University degree or equivalent (preferably a degree in public policy, law, communications or political science);
- Minimum 2-years of work-experience in EU public affairs or another relevant field;
- An excellent understanding of EU institutions and the EU policy making process;
- A good network of contacts in Brussels is an asset;
- A high level of spoken and written English, ideally native; other languages are a bonus;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and a diplomatic approach;
- Excellent analytical capacities and the ability to translate complex issues into simple advocacy messages;
- Good organisational skills and capacity to work in a structured manner;
- Good Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, as well as under tight deadlines.
- The opportunity to coordinate a core element of EASA’s activities;
- The possibility to learn, provide input, grow and gain responsibility rapidly;
- The opportunity to work within an influential ecosystem, promoting a system that is to the benefit of both businesses and consumers;
- The chance to liaise and network with international project partners and other high-level stakeholders;
- A pleasant working environment in a young and dynamic team.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Public Affairs & Policy Officer in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 8 September 2019. Due to the large number of applications we will contact only selected candidates.