Hiring - Public Affairs & Policy Officer
EASA is seeking to hire a curious, highly motivated and independent Public Affairs & Policy Officer to work in our Secretariat, based in Brussels. The position may involve some travelling.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Help develop and implement EASA’s public affairs strategy and serve as the focal point for public affairs-related activities;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key policy makers;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to raise the profile of EASA and the advertising self-regulatory network, including by attending events and conferences;
- Monitor the development of EU policy files related to self-regulation and responsible advertising;
- Conduct policy analyses in the areas relevant to EASA’s activities, determine policy priorities, set out advocacy strategies and conduct outreach activities towards relevant stakeholders;
- Interact with members for the development of policy positions and strategies;
- Write and regularly update EASA position papers, issue briefs, reports and newsletters;
Education & work experience:
- University degree or equivalent (preferably a degree in public policy, law, communications or political science);
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in EU public affairs or another relevant field;
Expertise & technical skills:
- Excellent understanding of EU institutions and the EU policy making process;
- A good network of contacts in Brussels is an asset;
- Fluency in English required (written/oral); other languages are a plus;
- Good command of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Previous experience in the policy fields related to advertising, digital technologies, consumer issues is a plus;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and a diplomatic approach;
- Excellent analytical capacities and the ability to translate complex issues into simple advocacy messages;
- Good organisational skills and capacity to work in a structured manner;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team, as well as under tight deadlines;
- The opportunity to coordinate a core element of EASA’s activities;
- The possibility to learn, develop professionally and gain responsibility;
- The opportunity to shape a dynamic ecosystem, following the continuing transformation of the industry, technology and society;
- The chance to liaise and network with international project partners and other high-level stakeholders;
- A pleasant international working environment in a young and dynamic team.
Starting date: June-August 2021
Type of contract: Permanent full-time contract
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with Public Affairs & Policy Officer in the subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday, 30 May 2021. Due to a large number of applications, we will only contact selected candidates.